FAITH:
"Life is the time it takes the Light to get to you"
Anonymous.
It has been so difficult for me to follow the Lord with a whole heart because I stumble over what whole heart means and I struggle to comprehend just exactly who you are Lord.
From the very beginning of Our relationship I felt discouraged because of my inadequacy to faithfully serve God without ever making mistakes or just plain sinning.
We were told to follow rules and regulations, that we didn’t understand, for our own good. We have a knee high vision of the Lord, as a child looks to its father.
I said to God, "What is the point? You know me Lord, that I will fail you", but the Lord simply said, "Throw your weight on my side" (Which I found out years later happens to be the ancient Hebrew root of the word "to trust lean on or rely on")
So my Father knows me and my shortcomings and accepts me and invites me in to Him.
Oh Lord, How can this be? I love you with such imperfection, but alas this is only self-pity.
When I take my eyes and mind off myself and focus on His unconditional Love and Perfection I can happily follow Him with great Joy.
A simple thank you cannot encompass my thankfulness. He gave His life for mine. As I see Him and His work in the mirror of my mind I am transformed progressively to be the very obedient child I seek to be. So Quit worrying about yourself.
Now we are coming of age in a deeper understanding, seeing the meaning of the Law as the metaphor of the Perfect man, Jesus. We are seeing what is behind the veil, behind that fading glory of the Law to the wonderful reality. Oh To Know God better!
But who are you Lord?
Come and See says He. I have a new name (identity) in Him awaiting me. Rev.2:17
He has a new Name (identity) to me as I get to know Him better (Rev.19:12)
Hallelujah to the Name above all Names. Hashem (The Name)*
Neither is there any other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12
The Great Identity Transformer and Revealer, Our God ! by Michael Tiemann
*The Names of God...it is common Jewish practice to restrict the use of the word Adonai to prayer only. In conversation, many Jewish people, even when not speaking Hebrew, will call God "Hashem", השם, which is Hebrew for "the Name" (this appears in Leviticus 24:11).
FRIENDS:
Father, I know that you are holy and your desire is for me to be holy and acceptable in your sight. Encourage me today as I come to you laying everything that I have on the altar before you. Sanctify my life and lift me up so that others may see your reflection in my life. Renew my mind and heart so that I might see you more clearly, for I yearn for the glory of your presence. In Jesus' name, Amen.
DAILY BIBLE CHALLENGE
18. Luke 11:14-28; 1 Thess 5:12-28; Psalms 143; 2 Chron 13-16
19. Luke 11:29-36; 2 Thess 1:1-7; Psalms 144; 2 Chron 17-19
~2 Thessalonians~
I'm seated on an airplane. A grounded airplane.
I'm surrounded by kids. Restless kids.
The kids are mine. The plane is not. The plane is late, however, and my kids are restless. I took them with me on a trip so we'd have a bit of time together. This is more than I had in mind.
They ask the questions you'd expect of a five and eight - year old. "Are they bringing drinks yet?"
"When are we going to leave?"
"Are we nearly home?"
"Why is it taking so long?"
Questions. Lots of questions. The kind of questions that were circulating through the church as Thessalonica. They, too, were restless. Somewhere they got the idea that Jesus was returning tomorrow so they got ready. Some were selling their homes, others were quitting their work, and all were twiddling their thumbs while awaiting the return of Christ.
Paul gets wind of their assumption and writes them this letter. He urges them not to buy into the reports that the final days have already begun (2:1-2). Several things still need to occur first (2:3-12), and until they do, their task is to be patient and alert.
No easy task. Human nature tends to one or the other. We tend to be so patient we aren't alert, or so alert we aren't patient. The church becomes a hybrid of the restless and the resting. The result can be squabbling kids. Just like mine. They've done their best to be patient, but after a while a person can only take so much.
"Hang in there," I say,
"We'll be home soon," I urge.
"Try to get along," I exhort.
(I'm starting to sound a lot like Paul.)
FOOD:
Broccoli Pasta Bake
12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1/4 cup fat-free milk
2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained, halved and thinly sliced
1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup sunflower kernels
Directions:
Boil spaghetti according to package directions for 7 minutes. Add broccoli; return to a boil. Cook 2 minutes longer or until spaghetti is tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the mushrooms, onion, water chestnuts, olives, salt, pepper and 1 cup cheese. Add spaghetti and broccoli; mix well.
Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray (dish will be full). Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with sunflower kernels and remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
FUN:
On the way back from a Cub Scout meeting, my grandson asked my son the question. 'Dad, I know that babies come from mommies' tummies, but how do they get there in the first place?' he asked innocently.
After my son hemmed and hawed awhile, my grandson finally spoke up in
disgust. 'You don't have to make something up, Dad. It's OK if you don't
know the answer.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
July
(14)
- What is your Time bandit?
- Christian Incivility-Kinda Sounds like FUN!
- In God We (Nearly) Trust
- Jell-O Knees
- Compassion lies at the heart of intercession.......
- How Kind Are You To Others?
- Who's Flying This Plane?
- "Identity"
- Jesus the Original Ghostbuster
- God Never Gives Up
- God Encourages
- Pray With Conviction
- The Acts of Encouragement...
- The Prayer of Faith
-
▼
July
(14)
About Me
- P-Dot
- Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment