Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don't refuse your calling


FAITH:

"Moses said to the LORD, 'O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue'" (Ex 4:10).


One of the greatest affronts you can commit against God is to refuse His calling that He has placed upon you. Imagine arguing with your Creator and telling him you know better than Him.

That is exactly what Moses did when God called him to be his spokesperson to Pharaoh.

God and Moses got into an "I know best" competition. "The LORD said to him, 'Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.' But Moses said, 'O Lord, please send someone else to do it.'"

God actually relented in the argument. Can you imagine that? But He's not happy about it. "Then the Lord's anger burned against Moses and he said, 'What about your brother, Aaron the Levite?'" God has to use Aaron as Moses' mouthpiece.

Have you ever not pursued something because it had to be perfect? There is a fine line between doing things with excellence and being a perfectionist. Perfectionists become argumentative with God. They refuse to step out in faith and obedience because they care too much about what others think if the results don't turn out perfectly.

I battled these same demons when God led me into a writing and speaking ministry. "Lord, I am weak in grammar and you know I'm an introvert." Then He reminded me "...for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor 12:9).

When God places His anointing on you He uses whatever level of skill you have to fulfill His purposes in your life. This is why you need not fear moving into an unfamiliar area if He calls you there.

What is God waiting for you to do? It may be time to step out. He specializes in "cliff-catching." By Os Hillman


FRIENDS:

Dear Father,

You know my internal struggles,
Shatter my will, my desire to control, my leveraging, my bargaining, my manipulation.
Break me down.  Bring me to my knees in total surrender.
From the shards of my broken self, re-create, re-make, re-fine, and polish me.
In the stillness, enfold me, encourage me, equip me as I embark on this exiting new adventure with You as my guide.
Awaken my 
spiritual gifts.
Free me to serve You in humble obedience.
You have changed me into someone worth being.
Now, lead me to some mountain worth climbing.
Take me along on a joyful journey as I follow Your pathway to purpose.
I gladly surrender, Lord, into your loving arms,
Your Grateful Servant


FOOD:

 Peanut Butter Fudge



1/2 cup butter
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar



Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and milk. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla. Pour over confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat until smooth; pour into an 8x8 inch dish. Chill until firm and cut into squares..

FUN:
Praying for the food~~~
As my five-year-old son and I were heading to McDonald's one day, we passed a car accident. Usually when we see something terrible like that, we say a prayer for whoever might be hurt, so I pointed and said to my son, "We should pray." 

From the back seat I heard his earnest voice: "Dear God, please don't let those cars block the entrance to McDonald's."

1 comment:

Christine said...

Good devotion. I like that and it is so true. Funny how small we are and how big we act sometimes.

Yummy recipe...gonna have to add a few more miles to my daily walk! lol

The funny was just that...funny! An honest prayer...lol

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

About Me

My photo
Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.