With the elections looming on the horizon, the world, and even some of us, have gone into a frenzy about who should lead this country. Who and what would be best for us? Liberals see it one way, Conservatives see it another. I wonder how God sees it? As I understand Him, it's all about love. That's why he sent His son to us. To teach us about love. If only the world could see it God's way..........
Nehemiah 8:1-18~~~Nehemiah and Ezra assembled the people in Jerusalem to hear the Laws of Moses. Many wept when they realized how disobedient they had been. The assembly became a festive time when the people reclaimed their legacy as God's chosen people.
Nehemiah and Ezra reintroduced God's laws and customs to the former exiles so that God would give his favor.
Love is the only law you need...
To love your neighbor as yourself. Keep this command, this law, and you automatically keep all the others. If you are really concerned with keeping the law of love, it is the only law you really need. Then civil laws are not problems or objects or protests and demonstrations. Civil laws are only guidelines to help you achieve your aim: loving others as you love yourself and thereby fulfilling all of God's requirements....
The Christian who lives by the law of love does not see authority as a threat. Nor does he see imperfections or even gross errors in government as reason to riot or demonstrate unlawfully. The Christian is not a bystander in his society. Actually, he should be int he thick of the battle for justice, morality and the right. But the Christian operates with a different motive. He seeks justice for all, yes, but justice is primarily a negative concept, based on avoiding or preventing the doing of wrongs to others. The law of love goes beyond justice. The law of love seeks the positive doing of good to others. It is the only Law a Christian needs. By Fritz Ridenour
Applying it: Look around you, who do you see at work? At home? On the road? In church? Give them your time, your attention, your love and your respect.
Exploring it: God's Law: Exodus 31:18; Leviticus 19:9-10; Deuteronomy 4:15-19; Matthew 5; 19; 22:37-40
PRAYER :
Dear God, it is hard to fight the battles in life. I can see that it is in the midst of battles, that we learn to be truly effective warriors. Likewise, in the midst of living, let me learn to be an effective Christian. Please guide and direct me; give me wisdom and strength for the day. In Jesus' name I pray and thank You. Amen.
FOOD:
A quick and easy appetizer that I make is pickle rolls. All you need is dill pickle spears, cream cheese and ham slices.
(I use cooked ham that is cut at the deli in a rectangle shape.)
Let cream cheese soften to room temperature. Take a slice of ham and spread cream cheese over top of ham. Take a pickle spear and place at one of the smaller ends and just roll up. Place in fridge and chill for about an hour or so. The longer...the better. Right before serving, slice rolls into bite size pieces. You can also use pickled asparagus, in place of the pickles. I make this several times a year for different occasions and they always receive compliments.
FUN:
I usually like to put a little joke in here but I thought you might enjoy this. Especially if you are having a stressful day.
It has sound for those of you that are reading this as work...ha ha, turn on the mute as I would hate to be responsible for getting you in trouble.
http://mk1.simpletruths.com/t/5358666/10252626/16419/0/
7 comments:
Hi Penni, Great post! I loved the words about love. So timely. I've made those yummy ham and pickle rolls too. Always a hit. Lastly, I watched the really great video. Thanks for sharing that. Hugs, Jax
P.S. Don't forget to post the recipe you spoke of earlier. :O)
Hey Jax, Thanks and the recipe you are speaking of, is that the Pumpkin Upside Down cake? I sent that recipe to you via Chris's email. Is there another one you would like?
At my age and as much as I've cooked I have about a kazillion, if that's even a word.
I think Chris is holding out on me. That's the one I'm thinking of and I haven't seen it. Hmmm....I'll go tell her to spill the (recipe) beans. :O) And please feel free to just keep passing on your good recipes.
Oops...forgot to pass that one off...lol sorry. Another good devotional too. I to have made those pickle and ham yum yums...but Thanks for the reminder...it has been awhile.
This is wonderful.
Judith
I just posted, but I don;t think it took..Denny Crane
It took Denny, now go outside and have a drink and a cigar.....
Post a Comment