FAITH:
2 Timothy 2:1-26
Believers in Timothy's church had lost their focus on Christ. Paul knew that concentrating on Christ and ignoring personal annoyances would help Timothy's problems.
Christians, even those enduring suffering, must focus on Jesus the Savior and avoid being distracted by worldly problems.
In the shop of a blacksmith, there are three types of tools.
There are the tools on the junkpile: outdated, broken, dull, rusty.......
There are tools on the anvil: melted down, molten, hot moldable, changeable......
There are tools of usefulness: sharpened, primed defined, mobile. They lie ready in the blacksmith's tool chest, available to their master, fulfilling their calling......
We are all somewhere in the blacksmith's shop. We are either on the scrap pile, on the anvil, in the Master's hands, or in the toolchest. (Some of us have been in all three)
From the shelves to the workbench, from the water to the fire.........
I'm sure somewhere you'll see yourself......
The rubbish pile of broken tools, the anvil of recasting, the hands of the Master--it's a simultaneously joyful and painful voyage.
And for you who make the journey--who leave the heap and enter the fire, dare to be pounded on God's anvil, and doggedly seek to discover your own purpose--take courage, for you await the privilege of being called "God's chosen instruments." From "On the Anvil by Max Lucado
Applying it: Is your walk with the Lord obscured by day-to-day annoyances? Remember the priority of your relationship with the Lord and get back on track through prayer, Bible study, and worship.
Exploring it: Focus-Judges 15:18; Nehemiah 13:25-29; 2 Corinthians 11:3
FRIENDS:
Father, WE GIVE YOU PRAISE. We honor and glorify you name. You truly are the King of kings and the Lord of lords. We thank you and worship you and glorify your name forever and ever. We could not make it through this life without the promise of you and the life after. In Jesus name, Amen.
FOOD:
CROCKPOT PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE--2 cups milk (I used 1%)
--2 T canned pumpkin
--2 T white sugar
--2 T vanilla (not a typo. it asks for tablespoons)
--1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
OR: 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp cloves, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, and a teeny tiny
pinch of ground ginger
--1/2 cup brewed espresso or 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
--garnish with whipped cream (optional)
The Directions.
This will make enough for 2 people to have a big mug with a bit
leftover. If you are having friends over, adjust the recipe
accordingly. I used a 4-quart crockpot, but as small as a 1.5 quart
will work with these amounts.
Add the coffee/espresso and milk to the crockpot. Whisk in the
pumpkin, spices, sugar, and vanilla.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold. Whisk again.
Ladle into mugs, and garnish with whipped cream and additional
cinnamon. I added a cinnamon stick to be fancy.
(if I rinse it off, can I re-use it? It seems wasteful to toss.)
FUN:
A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, 'What's the matter, haven't you ever seen a little boy before?'
4 comments:
I love your posts Penni! Thanks for taking the time to share all these good things with us. I love reading each segment and I'm happy happy that I can come back any time for your yummy recipes. Have a blessed day! Hugs, Jax
Thanks Jax, I really enjoy doing it. I have a theory that as we age we need to download stuff because out hard drives get full and that's why we have such a hard time remembering things. If we download, i.e. share with the younger generation then it clears out our minds and we have room for new stuff.
Silly I know but it works for me.
Hugz 2 U
very yummy, spiritual food as well as physical! That drink sounds almost like the chia tea latte I drink...is it different? I am going to make this.
It is similar but has the little hint of pumpkin and it sooooo good.
Post a Comment