FAITH:
Our battles are first won or lost in the secret places of our will in God’s presence, never in full view of the world. The Spirit of God seizes me and I am compelled to get alone with God and fight the battle before Him. Until I do this, I will lose every time. The battle may take one minute or one year, but that will depend on me, not God. However long it takes, I must wrestle with it alone before God, and I must resolve to go through the hell of renunciation or rejection before Him. Nothing has any power over someone who has fought the battle before God and won there.
I should never say, "I will wait until I get into difficult circumstances and then I’ll put God to the test." Trying to do that will not work. I must first get the issue settled between God and myself in the secret places of my soul, where no one else can interfere. Then I can go ahead, knowing with certainty that the battle is won. Lose it there, and calamity, disaster, and defeat before the world are as sure as the laws of God. The reason the battle is lost is that I fight it first in the external world. Get alone with God, do battle before Him, and settle the matter once and for all.
In dealing with other people, our stance should always be to drive them toward making a decision of their will. That is how surrendering to God begins. Not often, but every once in a while, God brings us to a major turning point— a great crossroads in our life. From that point we either go toward a more and more slow, lazy, and useless Christian life, or we become more and more on fire, giving our utmost for His highest— our best for His glory. by Oswald Chambers
I Timothy 4:7-9
7 But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. 9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.
FRIENDS:
Lord, purify my heart and remove from my lips anything that keeps me from loving You. May I always seek a life of godliness. You have promised to be with me in all of my challenges, so help me to live in such a way as to glorify your holy name in both word and deed. For You are the Alpha and Omega and without You I can do nothing. In Jesus' name, Amen
DAILY BIBLE CHALLENGE
March 15
Matthew 26:1-16; Romans 9:19-33; Psalms 62; Deuteronomy1-3
March 16
Matthew 26:17-35; Romans 10; Psalms 63; Deuteronomy 4-5
March 17
Matthew 26:36-56; Romans 11:1-24; Psalms 64; Deuteronomy 6-8
The Book of Deuteronomy
If you've ever been a part of the following scene, you know you'll never forget it.
Inside the house is a quiet bedroom. Last springs prom photo sits on the bedside table. A dried homecoming mum hangs from the bulletin board. Outside the house is a packed car. Both the trunk and seat are full of clothes, books, and stereo. What was in the room is now in the car. The one who used to live in the room is about to drive the car...to college.
Both parent and child are stunned by the moment. What happened to childhood? Who fast-forwarded the years? Why, just yesterday this child was filling the house with cartwheels and playdough--now look. He's so tall. She's such a beauty. The child is grown.
The grown child is equally stunned. The road ahead looks lonely and long. There is safety in these walls. Protection. Security. Those pleas for independence so recently voiced are unheard today. "Just say the word, Dad, I'll stay. Just ask me Mom, I won't leave."
But Mom and Dad know better. They know that love releases the loved. They know the training is over. The last bell has rung. The class is dismissed, and the application has begun.
And so the parent and the child hesitate at the side of the car. There's no time to teach new truths. There's no time to instill values or lay foundations. There is only one word that can be said,----remember. Remember who loves you. Remember what matters. Remember what is right and what is wrong.
Remember.
In Deuteronomy God tells his children to remember.
Israel is about to make a transition. For forty years they have wandered. Now they are about to settle down in a new land. It's a time of transition. From Moses to Joshua. From the wilderness to the promised land. From nomads to farmers. From people with no land to people of the land.
God wants them to stay faithful. Stay distinctive. For forty days Moses teaches the words you are about to read; God repeats what he has already taught. Deutero means second. Nomos means law. Deuteronomy is a second hearing of the law.
God didn't want them to forget.
FOOD:
The pictures at the link are so good you can almost smell the meat browning.
http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2007/03/braised-pork-steak.html
FUN:
Walking into the bar, Mike said to Charlie the bartender, "Pour me a stiff one - just had another fight with the little woman."
"Oh yeah?" said Charlie, "And how did this one end?"
"When it was over," Mike replied, "She came to me on her hands and knees.
"Really," said Charles, "Now that's a switch! What did she say?"
She said, "Come out from under the bed, you little chicken."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
March
(14)
- The casual Christian
- FEAR NOT
- Created in His Image
- Trust.........the Lord
- S-M-L-XL---Does God come in sizes?
- Hope for the future-God is so good
- Here comes the tunnel
- It does make a difference
- Our best for His Glory
- Isn't the Bible full of contradictions?
- IT'S CHRIST
- Landings.....
- Friends
- Never be defeated
-
▼
March
(14)
About Me
- P-Dot
- Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment