
Thank you to the reader that sent this to me. I always appreciate it when someone has something they want to share.
FAITH:
"You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something" (Psalm 139: 15).
If you are going to discover how God wants to use your life and work, you must know why you were created. If you start trying to determine your purpose in life before understanding why you were created, you will inevitably get hung up on the things you do as the basis for fulfillment in your life, which will only lead to frustration and disappointment.
First and foremost, God created you to know Him and to have an intimate relationship with Him. In fact, God says that if a man is going to boast about anything in life, "boast about this: that he understands and knows me" (Jer. 9:24). Mankind's relationship with God was lost in the Garden when Adam and Eve sinned. Jesus' death on the cross, however, allows us to restore this relationship with God and to have an intimate fellowship with Him. The apostle Paul came to understand this when he said, "I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself" (Phil. 3:10, THE MESSAGE).
Establishing this relationship with God is vital to understanding your purpose. If you don't have this relationship with God, you will seek to fulfill your purpose out of wrong motives; such as fear, insecurity, pride, money, relationships, guilt, or unresolved anger. God's desire is for you to be motivated out of love for Him and to desire to worship Him in all that you do. As you develop your relationship with God, He will begin to reveal His purpose for your life. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord" (Jer. 29:11).
Today, ask God to help you discover your unique purpose. by Os Hillman
FRIENDS:
Father, I know you are able...able to move mountains, to speak creation into existence, to heal the sick, save the lost, to meet every need I have. I commit myself to you. I pray for all the people around the world, plagued by turmoil, wars, illness, lack of basic needs, insecurity and fear, and addictions that enslave. Lord, You alone know best how to meet these needs and solve these dilemmas. I pray that You would intervene, that people would be drawn to You, and that You would give them rest and healing, safety and security, a sound mind and a hopeful future. I pray that you would help me to see who you want me to minister to today and offer a hand of fellowship, a ray of light, or whatever You want to offer through me. Thank you, Lord, for meeting my needs. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.
BIBLE CHALLENGE
January 15
Matthew 6:16-24; Acts 9:1-19; Psalms 15; Genesis 34-35
January 16
Matthew 6:25-34; Acts 9:20-43; Psalms 16; Genesis 36
10 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR
1. Our beautiful California weather (but we do need the rain)
2. When a plan works out
3. Good food served to me by loving hands
4. Old friends (I miss my 'old biddy's' especially when someone has a special event)
5. New friends (I fall more in love with the new friends God has given to me here)
6. Having spent more years as a Christian than not (and some said it was just a fad with me)
7. Certain songs that just fill my heart with gratitude towards God
8. Buying 1 size smaller
9. People with good senses of humor
10. My laptop, keeps me connected with everyone
FOOD:
Thank you to the reader that sent this recipe to me. Sometimes we forget our old recipes. I am going to pull out my old Bisquick recipes and post some more. We will call it a series.....
Quick Applesauce Muffins
Yield: 12 servings
2 c Bisquick
1/4 c Sugar
1 ts Cinnamon
1/2 c Applesauce
1/4 c Milk
1 Egg
2 tb Cooking oil
TOPPING
1/4 c Sugar
1/4 ts Cinnamon
2 tb Butter or margarine, melted
Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
Combine Bisquick, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add
applesauce, milk, egg amd oil, and beat vigorously for 30 seconds.
Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full and bake 12-15 minutes. Cool
slightly and remove from pans.
Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Dip tops of muffins in melted
buter, then in sugar-cinnamon.
FUN:
Thanks to the reader that shared this one.....
Yesterday I had a flat tire on the interstate. So I eased my car over to the shoulder of the road, carefully got out of the car and opened the back. I took out 2 cardboard men, unfolded them and stood them at the rear of my car facing oncoming traffic. They looked so lifelike you wouldn't believe it! They were in trench coats exposing their nude bodies and private parts to the approaching drivers.To my surprise, cars started slowing down looking at my lifelike men. And of course, traffic started backing up. Everybody was tooting their horns and waving like crazy. It wasn't long before a state trooper pulled up behind me. He got out of his car and started walking toward me. I could tell he was not a happy camper!
'What's going on here?'
'My car has a flat tire', I said calmly.
'Well, what are those obscene cardboard men doing here by the road ?'
I couldn't believe that he didn't know. So I told him, 'Hellooooo, those are my emergency flashers!'
--
lol.......now you know why I'm NOT allowed out of the house alone....(tee hee hee)
5 comments:
Very nice..and the mouse is adorable..I have had that guy in my file forever and have just not put him up yet..I have another really cute one too...haven't put that up either...lol Good on you! Applesauce muffins sound yummy right now...going to try a new one here that I found in a health magazine...I'll have to try yours too! Always something good over here...hugs and have a great day..heading out to get some stuff done for the big boss today! =O)
Hi Penni,
1. Great devotion and prayer.
2. The muffins sound yummy and I am making them soon!
3. But the emergency flashers - that's not gonna happen. LOL!
Hugs, Jax
You are thankful because you have found your purpose years ago and stayed the course and been such an encouragement to me. We are created to Glorify God and have a relationship with Him and it was not a fad with you and I praise Him for that. And me too......
I forgot to leave my name on that last post. Sorry and sure wish I could put in under my name instead of anonymous. Can someone help me?
Kathy
Thanks for all the great comments. You all are such an encouragement to me. I love doing this but when someone else finds something good in all of this, I am twice blessed.
What Jax, no flashing!!!
And thanks for letting me steal your mouse. He is expressing my sentiment so well I just had to take him.
Kathy, I don't know how you got it that was so don't know how to undo. Chris, Jackie, can you help KP?
Post a Comment