FAITH:
1 Kings 2:1-46
David gave final instructions to Solomon that would ensure success. At David's death, Solomon consolidated his power and administration.
At his death, the great King David exhorted his son: obey God, follow Him, and be kind to others.
Successful people are at the right place at the right time to a great extent because they have leaned how to take certain action steps in proper sequence. They have learned that scriptural truth, "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."
They know that everything they desire has an appropriate place and time for accomplishment, and toward that end, they set their priorities in certain orders, prepare them selves in certain ways, and refuse to give in to discouragement or failures along the way.
What about those who are unsuccessful?
Some fail because they lack dreams or they don't believe in the possibility of their dreams becoming reality. Some fail to reach their full potential of a rewarding harvest in life because they have not turned their dreams into specific goals and plans of action for reaching those goals. Many others fail, however, because they are out of sync with time and place.
- They planted or fertilized their goals in the wrong season.
- They planted before they fully planned.
- They attempted to harvest a goal before it was fully developed.
Such failures arise not from a lack of determination or willingness to keep trying but from efforts that are out of proper sequence. The result is that those who fail because of their improper alignment of time and place soon become frustrated, begin to believe that it's impossible for them to achieve anything significant, or allow their disappointments to develop into a failure-anticipating mind-set.
The opportunity for success is yours. Believe it. Regardless of what you experienced in your past, the future can hold success for you. by Denis Waitley
Applying it: If you want success in life, then all your activities must reflect God's will. Today make God the center of your life. Ask God to show you what successful living means for you. Then, rest easy in God's peace and His plans.
Exploring it: Success-Joshua 1:6-8; 2 Samuel 5:12; 1 Chronicles 18:13; Proverbs 3:6; 16:3 Matthew 6:33-34.
FRIENDS:
Father, we invite your assistance and guidance into every area of our lives. We want to be successful as you deem success and not by the world's standards. We do not have the strength to be transformed into your likeness and not be conformed to this world except by the power of your Spirit. May we understand more of what it says, "to everything there is a season" to make plans and goals and not run when we should walk. In Jesus' name, Amen
BIBLE CHALLENGE
January 11
Matthew 5:13-20; Acts 7:1-38; Psalms 11; Genesis 27-28
January 12
Matthew 5:21-32; Acts 7:39-60; Psalms 12; Genesis 29-30
10 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR
1. People who have the gift of hospitality
2. Winter sun beating down on aching shoulders
3. Hot soup on a cold day
4. Sisters who love obviously adore each other
5. Friends who love each other like sisters
6. Hearing a good report on someone's troubled family situation
7. A peaceful night's sleep
8. Planning ahead and meeting the goals
9. A good sale on something you have wanted
10. Someone asking for prayer and knowing that the hearers hearts are touched by the request
FOOD:
Baked Fish in Packets
Source: I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread
Each packet becomes a one-dish meal
1 cup each - julienned carrots, celery, red pepper
1/2 cup julienned scallions
4 (6 oz) fish steaks (salmon, halibut)
4 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread
Heat oven to 350°F. Cut four pieces of aluminum foil about 14 inches
long. Divide vegetables equally on each piece. Arrange fish over
vegetables; sprinkle with lemon juice, dill weed and salt; dot with
spread. Seal foil tightly around fish and vegetables. Arrange packets
on baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until done.
Serves 4
I used to do this with foil but now I do it with parchment paper.
FUN:
Heavenly Poem
I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its decor.
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp--
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Herb, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, 'What's the deal?
I would love to hear your take.
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must have made a mistake.
'And why's everyone so quiet,
So somber - give me a clue.'
'Hush, child,' He said, 'they're all in shock.
No one expected you.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
January
(16)
- A Prophet without Honor
- Victory In Jesus
- Don't remove the love
- Have a great TODAY.
- How are WE doing?
- Try moving away from yourself
- CLERICUS
- Pray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Discovering your Purpose
- His Will....
- Seasons
- Do you make a difference?
- CROP DUSTER OR CONCORDE
- Older People ~ Part 2
- This aging thing....are you prepared for it?
- HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!!
-
▼
January
(16)
About Me
- P-Dot
- Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.
6 comments:
I like the old Irish saying "may your Soul get into Heaven before the devil knows your dead" Ha! Ha!
I believe the 'fun one' about how shocked we will be as to who is in Heaven. We have such a hard time understanding the grace of such a forgiving God who will pardon those who repent and call upon Him. I pray that our Lord will also erase our sorrow of those are not there. We cannot even imgaine the glories of what He has prepared for us.
Kathy
Well said Ladies, thanks for the comments.
Such a great post Penni. All of it. I like reading your thankful list. You have the heart of a writer. I'm also glad the kid that stole lunch money got in to heaven cause I use to do that! HA! Love U, Jax
P.S. Cute profile picture!
Jax,
If you could see to my left and up higher, you would see Mark with a hair do that he knew would make me crazy. That was his Mother's Day torment for me.
Post a Comment