FAITH:
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (NIV)
Today's key verse is one of my favorites. It has comforted me many times in my life. It gives us freedom from the condemnation we often project on ourselves. If God promises freedom, then why is it so hard for us to believe, feel and grasp the fact that there is indeed "no condemnation" for Christians?
Self-condemnation just comes natural to me. If I didn't purposefully keep my eyes fixed on Jesus and remind myself of who I am in Christ, I'd beat myself to pieces with condemning thoughts and words.
The Lord has the neatest ways of reminding me there is no condemnation as His child. Just this morning God spoke to me directly through a devotion I read in Sarah Young’s book Jesus Calling. I felt as if the author had been following me around and knew exactly what I needed to hear. Actually I knew it was God Who knew exactly what I needed to hear. It read, "Do not listen to voices of accusation for they are not from Me."
Hello Lord. Are you talking to me? You know that I often feel down and disappointed in myself and call myself names. You knew my feelings had been hurt by someone's comments. I hear You telling me not to listen to the voices of accusation. Thank you for that reminder right when I needed it.
The devotion continued, "Pause before responding to people or situations, giving My Spirit space to act through you. Hasty words and actions leave no room for Me."
Lord, is that You again? You know that I spoke unkind words to my husband last night and You reminded me to "pause before responding." Thank you Lord for bringing me these words as a reminder of what You want from me. I needed these today, right now.
I get so excited and amazed when this happens. It just affirms that God cares about me. He loves me. He is real in my life today. Have you ever had a “God moment” like this?
If left to defend myself from self-condemnation and condemnation from others, I'd be defeated every time. Fortunately we don't have to defend ourselves. In fact, we don't have to "lift a finger" (Exodus 14:13-14). We have the greatest defender in God and His Word. As we take the time to listen to Him, He can remind us that He is with us, He loves us, and it's true..."There is NO CONDEMNATION in Christ Jesus!" by Melissa Taylor
FRIENDS:
Father, when I forget, please remind me that I am not condemned. Help me to see the difference between conviction and condemnation and keep my eyes and thoughts on You. In Jesus' name, Amen.
DAILY BIBLE CHALLENGE
April 4
Mark 1:35-45; 1 Cor 3; Psalms 75; Joshua 8-9
April 5
Mark 2:1-12; 1 Cor 4; Psalms 76 Joshua 10-12
~Joshua~
May I describe a few battles?
Let's say that you have a problem with a person---a rotten person. A scoundrel who has taken advantage of your kindness. Because of him you have less money, more headaches, and a bitter heart.
Let's also say that you've got the goods on this guy. caught him. Aha! Red-handed. You can turn him in. Make a spectacle. Get even and get out. Give him what he deserves.
But something won't let you. A verse from your past tethers your heart. "Vengeance is mine," says the Lord. "I will repay."
Within you the battle rages. Let vengeance be mine, Lord, you pray. Just once. Let me get even. But the Word won't let you. and with time, you drop your fists to your side and just trust.
Here's another battle.
Let's say you have a problem with money. Every month you just barely make it. Each paycheck is spent before it's cashed. If just one month you could get a break. Just some aushion That's all you need.
Poof, you prayer is answered.
Unexpected bonus. An extra month's salary. Finally, some breathing room. First, pay off the credit card, next repay my sister, then get the bumper fixed and ....uh-oh---my giving. "Surely God doesn't want me to give 10 percent of the bonus? I mean, I give every month... Surely, he'll understand if I use this for something else...."
But the words challenge faintly yet firmly. "Honor the Lord with the firstfruits of your labor..." "Within you the battle rages. One side says, "Believe." The other, "Be real." Finally a truce is called and a white flag is waved and a check is written placed in the plate.
But even as you give, you confess, "Doesn't make sense, but because you say so..."
Let's go one more. this time let's really stretch it. Let's say you are a general. a general in the Israeli army. Moses is dead, the Jordan has been crossed, the mantle has been passed, and you are wearing it.
God has promised that you will take Jericho. but as you look at the city, you have to wonder...the walls are high. The people are armed.The challenge is great.
But God has a plan.
You can't wait to hear it. "Surely, he'll give us more soldiers, stronger weapons, mightier swords. His plan must include this and more."
So you sit and listen as god explains. As he talks you are stunned, "What?" Walk around the city seven times, blow some trumpets and....Wait a minute, God, this doesn't make sense."
The Book of Joshua is a book of battles. A book for soldiers. A book for people who would dare win God's way. What applied then, applies today. It is the faithful who conquer. Those who follow the strategy win, those who don't---don't.
FOOD:
Salmon Asparagus Pie
1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 green onions sliced
1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (divided)
1 (6oz.) can salmon drained and flaked
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1-3/4 cups milk
1-1/2 tsps. chopped fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried basil leaves
dash pepper
3 eggs
Preheat oven to 400F.
Grease pie plate.
Sprinkle into pie plate in order listed: asparagus, onion, 3/4 cup of the cheese and the salmon.
Stir the remaining ingredients, except cheese until blended.
Pour over salmon.
Bake uncovered 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Immediately sprinkle remaining cheese over top and continue baking about 2 minutes or until cheese in melted.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
FUN:
The Bible has a verse for everyone's Birthday.....look it up.
http://www.birthverse.com/mybirthverse.cfm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(147)
-
▼
April
(15)
- Vows 4 and 5
- Vows 2 and 3
- Vows-Part 2
- Vows Part 1
- Letters to Your Children
- Growing old for God~Last part.
- Part Three of Growing Old for God
- Part 2 of 4 Growing old for God
- GROWING OLD
- He is risen !
- Jesus sent the Comforter in His place...
- Flying Lesson
- FAITH:LUKE 22:1-71Jesus prophesied about his comin...
- No condemnation
- Revival
-
▼
April
(15)
About Me
- P-Dot
- Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.
2 comments:
This is from a song that we are singing in Church on Easter.
"When I think about the Lord, how He saved me, how He raised me, how He filled me with the Holy Ghost, how He healed me to the uttermost, how He picked me up and turned me around, how He placed my feet on solid ground. It makes me wanna shout Hallelujah, thank you Jesus; Lord you're worthy of all the glory and all the honor and all the praise."
Forgiven with no condemnation.......Kathy
Boy, that's a good one!!! I love it. Thanks for sharing it.
Post a Comment