Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jesus sent the Comforter in His place...

FAITH:

John 14:1-31

Jesus knew that the disciples were troubled at the thought of his departure. He reassured them by teaching about the Holy Spirit, who would help them.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be our helper during our service to God.

When ever I teach on the subject of personal holiness, I always stress that we are responsible to obey the will of God, but that we are dependent upon the Holy Spirit for the enabling power to do it. The same principle applies in the realm of trusting God. We are responsible to trust Him in times of adversity but we are dependent upon the Holy Spirit to enable us to do so.

Again, let me emphasize that trusting God does not mean we do not experience pain. It means that we believe God is at work through the occasion of our pain for our ultimate good. It means we work back through the Scriptures regarding His sovereignty, wisdom, and goodness and ask Him to use those Scriptures to bring peace and comfort to our Hearts. It means above all, that we do not sin against God by allowing distrustful and hard thoughts about Him to hold sway in our minds. It will often mean that we may have to say, "God, I don't understand, but I trust You."
by Jerry Bridges


Applying it: The Holy Spirit won't always remove your obstacles, but he will give you the strength to overcome them. What obstacles do you face as you try to serve God? Are you weak, bashful, unorganized, or alone in your work? Take a bold step and let the Holy Spirit guide you through.
Exploring it: The Counselor----Ezekiel 39:29; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:26-27; 1 Corinthians 12:4-11; Ephesians 6:18

FRIENDS:

Father, You've given us such a great promise, the promise of salvation. Forgive us when we sometimes put more hope in the things of this earth than in the incredible promises of your heaven. In Jesus' name, Amen.

DAILY BIBLE CHALLENGE
APRIL 10
Mark 4:1-20; 1 Cor 7:17-40; Psalms 80; Joshua 22-23
APRIL 11
Mark 4:21-41; 1 Cor 8; Psalms 81; Joshua 24

FOOD:

From someone on one of my Internet food groups
Homemade Vegetable Wash/Preserver That Works! (Spray or Soak)

I have been using this for years don't know why I never thought of posting it here on the site earlier, this really works and works very well! no chemicals 100% natural and will remove dust and dirt and kill any little bugs and bacteria not to mention it costs only pennies to make and when used as a soak it will help preserve your veggies so that they will last quite a lot longer --- there is really no servings to this recipe so of coarse the serving amount is only estimated --- because of the fresh lemon juice any unused spray may be refrigerated until used again, I just usually use up the 1 cup and then discard the rest --- the exact amounts do not really matter a little more will not hurt, I really don't even bother to measure I just eyeball everything --- if you are using a smaller bowl then reduce the vinegar to 2 Tbsp and salt to 1 Tbsp it will work just as well
5 min prep

Ingredients:
SPRAY
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp baking soda
1 cup water

SOAK
1/4 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp salt

Method:
For the spray; put all ingredients into a spray bottle (be careful as it will foam up) shake gently to mix, then spray on veggies or fruit allow to sit for about 2-5 minutes then rinse under cold water.

For soak; fill a clean sink or a large basin with cold water; add in vinegar and salt, then swish around with hands (you may also do this in a large bowl). Place the fruit and/or veggies in and allow to sit for 25-30 minutes although I have even left soaking for over an hour (this will not effect the flavor at all, the vinegar cleans and the salt draws out any little bugs, dirt and other small unwanted things, it also will remove some of the wax. Rinse under cold water and dry.

FUN:

" I wonder if I will always have to Scotch Tape on my Easter Bonnet?"




1 comment:

Christine said...

Loved this...I am so glad you are doing these Penni...I look forward to them. Thank you Lord for sending us your Holy Spirit!

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

About Me

My photo
Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.