Saturday, November 29, 2008

Does God mend toys?

FAITH:

Psalms 27:1-28:9

David sought to be close to God. He asked God for instruction and waited patiently for God to act. God sustained, protected, helped and taught him.

Recognize that only God can assist when we stand helpless.

Waiting certainly plays an enormous role in the unfolding story of God's relationship to man. It is God's oft-repeated way of teaching us that His power is real and that He can answer our prayers without interference and manipulation from us.

But we have such trouble getting our will, our time schedules out of the way. Much of the time we act like a child who brings a broken toy to his father to be mended. The father gladlly takes the toy and begins work. Then after a while, childlike impatience takes over. Why is it taking so long?

The child stands by, getting his hands in the father's way, offering a lot of meaningless advice and some rather silly criticism. Finally in desperation, he snatches the toy from the father's hands and walks off with it, saying rather bitterly, that he hadn't really thought his father could fix it anyway. Perhaps it isn't even "his will" to mend toys.

On the other hand, when ever we are trustful enough to leave our "broken toy" with the Father, not only do we eventually get it back gloriously restored, but are also handed a surprising plus. We find for ourselves what the saints and mystics affirm, that during the dark waiting period when self-effort had ceased, a spurt of astonishing spiritual growth took place in us. Afterwards, we have qualities like more patience, more love for the Lord and those around us, more ability to hear His voice, greater willingness to obey. by Catherine Marshall

Applying it: Do you catch yourself being impatient with God? Do you think you know the best way to handle a problem? While waiting, don't stew over your problem. Praise God for his solution to the problem. Instead of focusing on yourself and your problem, focus on God's care for you.
Exploring it: Waiting--Psalm 40:1; Hosea 12:6; Micaah 7:7; 2 Peter 3:8-9. Seeking the Lord--Psalm 145:18; Isaiah 55:6; Hosea 10:12; Matthew 6:33

FRIENDS:

Father, we want only to please you. We cherish your promise to take care of your children. And yet we often come to you with muddled ideas, unsure of what is best, uncertain of your will. Thank you, Father, for the assurance that our imperfect prayers cannot hinder your incredible power. In Jesus' name, Amen.

10 THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR TODAY;
1. My new computer only glasses. Why did I wait so long to get them?
2. Having a friend that calls and asks for help with a project because they have confidence in your ability.
3. Someone that cares about God's church and want to plan events for God's people.
4. My car that keeps running even though it's old and not in the best shape.
5. Friends with leftovers.
7. To still be able to be excited over an idea. Not jaded to life as some older people get.
8. People who ask, "so how did your day go?"
9. God's blessing me with the ability to still be creative.
10. Godly store personnel who are willing to share their faith.

FOOD:

TUNA SQUARES
This was in the Everett, Washington newspaper in 1966, and it is really good.

2 C Bisquick
2/3 C milk
1/3 c water
3 eggs
1/2 t salt and 1/8 t pepper
2 cans tuna, drained
(in those days probably oil packed)
1/2 c shredded cheese
1Tb. chopped onion
1/4 c pimento
1/3 c celery
Grease 9 x 9 x 2 pan. Blend 1st 5 ingredients. Beat well 30 seconds.
Mix in 1 1/2 cans tuna,
1/4 C cheese, onion, pimento and celery.
Spread in pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 400 for 30 to
35 minutes
Serve with sauce
SAUCE
Gradually add 1 C milk and 2/3 c water to 2 Tb Bisquick, 1/2 t salt and pepper.
Add remaining tuna. Heat to boiling. Boil 1 minute.

FUN:
.
One Sunday morning, the priest noticed Little Johnny was staring up at the large plaque that hung in the foyer of the church. It was covered with names, and small American flags were mounted on either side of it. The seven-year old had been staring at the plaque for some time, so the priest walked up, stood beside the boy, and said quietly, "Good morning, Little Johnny."

"Good morning, Father," replied the young man, still focused on the plaque. "Father Scott, what is this?" Little Johnny asked. "Well, son, it's a memorial to all the young men and women who died in the service." Soberly, they stood together, staring at the large plaque. Little Johnny's voice was barely audible when he asked, "Which service, the 9:45 or the 11:15?"




4 comments:

CarJax said...

Hi Penni, I'm glad your Thanksgiving day was over the top and turned out to be so nice. Whoduh thunk it? :D We are still in the holiday mode...leisurely days of eating, knitting, watching fun movies, ...and a few chores that can't wait. Ha! Hugs 2 U, Jax

Attebetty said...

Gald you joined the 'Computer Specs Club' Pal......

P-Dot said...

Hey Jax,
I loved the pics of the ballet.
and Harold Attebetty,
I sooooo love my specs. It has changed my computer life.

P-Dot said...

I tried to do the thankful thing but it kept saying something about 300 characters and I know I didn't have that many. Anyway, here's my version.
I am thankful for Old ladies and that I've always loved them,the things they learned and taught me, that my husband has a job and is different from me even when I complain about the difference. I'm thankful he leaves me alone,very thankful God sent me two children and not the 5 I wanted. I'm thankful he's my LORD-Savior-Redeemer. I'm thankful for you Penni Colley that you have time for me and like me. n


THIS WAS EMAIL TO ME BY SOMEONE TRYING TO LEAVE A COMMENT.....I AM POSTING IT FOR THEM ~P~

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

About Me

My photo
Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.