FAITH:Psalm 136:1-26
People cannot put a limit on God's patient care. He painstakingly created every detail of the universe and patiently provides for his people.
Thank God because he has more resources than we can ever exhaust.
We should never take any blessing for granted, but accept everything as a gift from the Father of Lights. Whole days may be spent occasionally in the holy practice of being thankful. We should write on a tablet one by one the things for which we are grateful to God and to our fellow men. And a constant return to this thought during the day as our minds get free will serve to fix the habit in our hearts.
In trying to count our many blessings, the difficulty is not to find things to count, but to find time to enumerate them all. Personally, I have gotten great help from the practice of talking over with God the many kindnesses I have received from my fellow men. To my parents I owe my life and my upbringing. to my teachers I owe that patient line-upon-line instruction that took me when I was a young, ignorant pagan and enabled me to read and write. To the patriots and statesmen of the past I owe the liberties I now enjoy. To numerous and unknown soldiers who shed their blood to keep our country free I owe a debt I can never pay. And I please God and enlarge my own heart when I remind the Lord that I am grateful for them. For every man and woman of every race and nationality who may have contributed anything to my peace and welfare I am grateful and I shall not let God forget that I am. by A.W. Tozer
Applying it: How has God blessed you? How have others contributed to your life? Take time to thank God for ten blessings today.
Exploring it: Thanksgiving--2 Chronicles 20:21-22; Psalm 103: 1-5; Revelation 4:9-11
MY TEN BLESSINGS TODAY:
1. Listening to Ruben pray at Bible study last night. He has come so far.
2. My home that God found and provided for my old age.
3. The simple fact of having someplace to go for Thanksgiving.
4. Still having time left to try to make a difference in someone's life.
5. Watching my DIL Dianna's face light up when she talked about she and Mark's new financial endeavor.
6. The Farmers Market that has been started here in our building. Helps me to eat more fruits and veggies and maybe lose some weight.
7. The church that meets at Sonoma Ave.
8. The lovely tile Jerry gave me just because I admired it.
9. Having just enough.
10. Wonderful friends who love me and great kids who tolerate me.
11. and blogging....I love it!
FRIENDS:
Father, today as we are busying about preparing things for the day that has been set aside for Thanks, please let us remember you Lord. Remember who is in control. Remember your goodness for things that are now past. Remember your closeness here in the present. Remember your power for our future . In Jesus' name, Amen.
FOOD:
Too many leftovers? Here is a helpful website for recipes.
http://busycooks.about.com/od/
FUN:
'Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but I just couldn't sleep...
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned...the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
the thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
stuffing with gravy, green beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all -- pass the cranberries, please.
No comments:
Post a Comment