Sunday, June 28, 2009

Overshadowing of God’s Personal Deliverance

FAITH:

. . . I am with you to deliver you,’ says the Lord —Jeremiah 1:8

God promised Jeremiah that He would deliver him personally— ".

18 For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me,” says the LORD.’” Jeremiah 39:18 NKJ

That is all God promises His children. Wherever God sends us, He will guard our lives. Our personal property and possessions are to be a matter of indifference to us, and our hold on these things should be very loose. If this is not the case, we will have panic, heartache, and distress. Having the proper outlook is evidence of the deeply rooted belief in the overshadowing of God’s personal deliverance.


The Sermon on the Mount indicates that when we are on a mission for Jesus Christ, there is no time to stand up for ourselves. Jesus says, in effect, "Don’t worry about whether or not you are being treated justly." Looking for justice is actually a sign that we have been diverted from our devotion to Him. Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it. If we look for justice, we will only begin to complain and to indulge ourselves in the discontent of self-pity, as if to say, "Why should I be treated like this?" If we are devoted to Jesus Christ, we have nothing to do with what we encounter, whether it is just or unjust. In essence, Jesus says, "Continue steadily on with what I have told you to do, and I will guard your life. If you try to guard it yourself, you remove yourself from My deliverance." Even the most devout among us become atheistic in this regard— we do not believe Him. We put our common sense on the throne and then attach God’s name to it. We do lean to our own understanding, instead of trusting God with all our hearts. by Oswald Chambers

Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
(or will direct your paths)

FRIENDS:

Father, Thank you for the life you have given me. When I rise in the morning, I worship the Lord and you call me by name. I think back to the way I was and how you accepted this prodigal child without hesitation. For all these reasons and so many more, I give you thanks. I offer up my life to you and your service. I can think of no greater way to live than to consider each day a holy living sacrifice to you. May your will be done through all of my days. In Jesus' name, Amen.

10 Things To Be Thankful For
1. A cool breeze after a hot day
2. A call from an old friend that you lost contact with
3. Fresh picked flowers
4. A picnic lunch
5. Children splashing around in the water
6. Being able to sleep in
7. The creation of a special moment
8. When you are expecting the worst and it does not happen
9. Fresh corn on the cob
10. Enjoying a glass of iced tea in the shade

FOOD:

This is soooooo good!!!!!
Sausage Chowder

1 lb. smoked sausage (halve lengthwise and slice thinly)
1 (32 oz) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
5 c. water
2 tsp. dry parsley
1 tsp. dry basil
1 tsp. salt and dash of pepper
1 (15.25 oz.) whole kernel corn (do not drain)
1 (15 oz.) creamed corn
1 (12 oz) evaporated milk
2 tsp. granulated chicken bouillon ( I use 2 cubes)

Brown sausage in dutch oven. Add hash browns, water, and spices. Cook until potatoes are tender. (once it boils, I cook it about 15 minutes). Mash them a little, but leave some cubes.

Add the corns, milk, and bouillon. Cook another 10 minutes to blend flavors. Stir often now, because it will stick. Taste, and add more seasoning if needed.

FUN:

A couple is in bed sleeping when there's a rat-a-tat-tat on the door.
The husband rolls over and looks at the clock, and it's half past 3 in the morning.” I’m not getting out of bed at this time," he thinks, and rolls over. Then, a louder knock follows. So he drags himself out of bed, goes downstairs, opens the door, and there's a man standing there. It didn't take the homeowner long to realize the man was drunk.
"Hi there," slurs the stranger, "Can you give me a push?" "No, get lost. It's half past three and I was in bed," says the man as he slams the door. He goes back up to bed and tell his wife what happened and she says, "That wasn't very nice of you. Remember that night we broke down in the pouring rain on the way to pick the Family up from the baby-sitter and you had to knock on that man's house to get us started again? What would have happened if he'd told us to get lost?"
"But the guy was drunk," says the husband.
"It doesn't matter," says the wife.” He needs our help and it would be the Christian thing to help him." So the husband gets out of bed again, gets dressed, and goes downstairs.
He opens the door, and not being able to see the stranger anywhere,
He shouts, "Hey, do you still want a push?"
And he hears a voice cry out, "Yeah, please."
So, still being unable to see the stranger he shouts, "Where are you?" The drunk replies, "Over here, on the swing."

No comments:

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

About Me

My photo
Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.