Monday, May 11, 2009

Salt and Light

FAITH:

Matthew 5:13-16

Nowhere in the Bible are we commanded to bring non-Christians into the church to get saved. In fact, there is not one instance int he Bible of anyone who ever got converted in a church or synagogue. For instance, in Luke 19, our Lord did not ask Zaccheus to meet Him at the synagogue on the Sabbath. Instead, he went to Zaccheus' home. The misconception is that the pagan is supposed to come and hear; the Biblical mandate for the believer is to go and tell.

If we are to be salt and light in our world, we need to go where the lost are. That might mean inviting them into your home for dinner, going next door to visit with them, playing miniature golf together, or doing something else with them. the Holy spirit will start working in their lives as they watch our lives and try to figure out why we are different.
by Robert Tamasy.

Applying it: Think about what it means to be salt and light in the world today. What kind of lifestyle shines as a light to the world and shows people how to be saved? How do you need to change your life in order to be the salt and light God want you to be?

FRIENDS:

Father, We, your people, love you and hate evil. We are thankful that you watch over those that follow you and that you free us from the power of the wicked. We are thankful for the light that shines on those who do right and for the joby that belongs to those who are honest. In Jesus' name, Amen

DAILY BIBLE CHALLENGE
MAY 12
Mark 13:1-13; 2 Cor 11:1-15; Psalms 106: 1-23; 1 Samuel 26-28
MAY 13
Mark 13 14-31; 1 Cor 11: 16-33; Psalms 106:24-48; 1 Samuel 29-31



Ten Things To Be Thankful For
1. Old friends
2. Music you love
3. Singing in the shower
4. True lasting values
5. Someone giving you a chance to speak your mind
6. Watching the sunrise
7. Having a sense of optimism
8. A Sunday afternoon bar-b-que
9. A card with loving thoughts
10. Encouraging people to be creative

FOOD:

Hash Brown Casserole

Ingredients
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, diced
2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream (such as Daisy)
Cooking spray
2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon butter in a large bowl; toss well.
Combine soup and cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Pour cheese mixture over potato mixture, and stir well. Spread mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine cornflakes and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
Yield 12 servings (serving size: about 1/2 cup)

FUN:

A father passing by his son's bedroom was astonished to see that his bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then he saw an
envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow that was addressed to
'Dad..'

With the worst premonition he opened the envelope with trembling hands and read the letter.

Dear Dad: with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene with Mom and you.

I have been finding real passion with Stacy and she is so nice.

But I knew you would not approve of her because of all her piercing, tattoos, tight motorcycle clothes and the fact that she is much older than I am. But it' s not only the passion...Dad she's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.. We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves and trading it with the other people that live nearby for cocaine and ecstasy.

Don't worry Dad. I'm 15 and I know how to take care of myself.

Someday I'm sure that we will be back to visit so that you can get to know your grandchildren.

Love,
Your Son John

PS. Dad, none of the above is true. I'm over at Tommy's house.

I Just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than a Report card That's in my center desk drawer..
I love you.
Call me when it's safe to come home.





No comments:

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page

About Me

My photo
Over the years of yo-yo dieting, Pills, and over eating I have ruined my metabolism. Here is how I am chosing to heal myself.